Advantages of a Second Passport
The advantages of 2nd passport are many. They can bring much more freedom than many people realise. Unless your spouse or another member of your immediate family are of another nationality, you will most likely have to make a respectable payment for it, but in some cases it can be worth it. If you are having to bear the weight of being born into a country that does not have a passport that is widely accepted, then it’s a small price to pay.
Here are the top 6 advantages of having a 2nd passport:
1) Ease of travel through ports– Apparently the most convenient passports to hold are those from the US, Finland and Denmark. According to a study by Henley & Partners, these passports can gain you entry to 130 countries without needing a visa. The most unfortunate passports to hold will allow the holder to pass the port of only 12 countries without a visa. 2nd passports that are available through the program will allow you access to over 100 countries without applying for a visa
2) Did you know that passports do not belong to the holder they are issued to, but they belong to the government of the country who issued them? That being the case, it is a possibility that if tax is owed, or even if they just decide to do it, a government can demand their passport is returned or they can invalidate it. This could then render the holder immobile, however, if a 2nd passport is held, then travel is still possible.
3) Many people prefer to run their financial affairs privately and this is possible with a 2nd passport.
4) For importing goods such as cars or business equipment or even construction materials – it may well be a frugal and thrifty manoeuvre under certain circumstances.
5) You and your family can escape the preconceived negative perception caused by previous actions of your government.
6) You have more choice where to live or to work as you will automatically become a citizen of the country of a 2nd or even 3rd passport.
As you can see, it’s fairly handy to have an extra passport and will ensure that you can travel without restrictions placed by your country and you can escape the negative preconceptions of a pariah nation.
There are currently two Caribbean nations who offer 2nd passports on condition of an economic investment into their country and a due diligence process.
To find out more about acquiring a second passport, please contact us.
Share this article on